Frequently Asked Questions:
How much will it cost for my student to be in band or orchestra?
The band fee is $200.00 every academic year. However, there are additional costs dependent on certain factors.
- Marching shoes are required for new members. The cost of shoes is $30.00
- All woodwind and brass members are required to purchase a pair of marching gloves. The cost of gloves per pair is $5.00
- Female students who do not own a concert gown must purchase their own before the winter concert. The cost of a concert gown is $80.
- Students who do not own their own instrument must rent from the school. The rental fee is $42.80. Payable to Hillsborough High School
- All Band students must pay a uniform rental fee of $37.45. Payable to Hillsborough High School
- No cash will be accepted. Check or Money Order only.
The orchestra fee is $50.00.
What does the band/orchestra fee pay for?
The band fee covers numerous items that enable our students to get the most out of their band experience. The fee covers (but is not limited to) the following:
- Music Performance Assessment Fees (Marching, Concert, Jazz, Orchestra)
- Solo and Ensemble Fees
- New Music
- Buses to Events
- Band/Orchestra Camp
Do I have to pay all of my fees at once?
No, we have payment plans that may be discussed on a case-by-case basis with Mr. Lebrias. email@example.com
How can I donate to the Big Red Band/Orchestra?
Donations in the form of check may be made out to HHS Band Boosters, Inc. and sent to the following address:
HHS Band Boosters
Hillsborough High School
5000 N Central Ave Tampa, FL. 33603
Please include a Donation-Form
How do I join the Band Booster Organization?
The band booster organization holds a general meeting at the beginning and the end of each academic year. The membership fee is $10.00. As long as you have a child who is participating in Band/Orchestra. You may be a part of the organization.
How much of a time commitment is Marching Band? Can I be an IB Student and still participate?
The Big Red Marching Band rehearses two days every week from the beginning of the year to the end of Football Season. Each rehearsal lasts 2-3 hours. The Marching band performs at most Home and Away football games. Before school begins, there will be a "camp" held for the students to prepare their field show for the season. Band camp will typically be held for two weeks.
We have many IB students participate in the Marching Band, and many (if not all) of them find it incredibly enjoyable and rewarding! It provides the IB freshmen with an enormous group of mentors to aid and ease them into their first year of high school.
Why should I join band?
Band provides students a creative outlet and a means to express themselves. In addition, it provides them with a large network of students with diverse backgrounds. It teaches them valuable life skills such as working well with others, responsibility, integrity, and self-accountability.